11.13.2008

En Clase Tarea Numero Dos

My topic is the analysis of relationships in the family. In class we looked over great blogs and lucky me one was consistent with my topic and therefore provided a perfect example I could use for this. Dooce is a blog written by a mom where she discusses her relationships with her daughter and husband along with other day-today occurrences. She uses very personal experiences and invites the reader with her during her life. She is comical and real making it easy to read and entertaining. These posts enable literary tools consistently and she emphasizes her excitement in each post. She posts regularly, sometimes everyday and I assume she has a large following, however her comments are closed. This really is a great blog. She is a great writer who displays her family proudly online and in a respectful manner. Not only does she discuss her family, but she incorporates current events and future effects that present day decisions will have. The layout of her blog is very efficient, displaying her posts, archive and pictures in a simple way. She uses links to each entry and has different places for readers to go and purchase paraphernalia, contact her directly and view the blog activity in an organized display. Without focusing any of her posts on this subject, by using her family in her writing, she incorporates her parenting techniques and relationship opinions. I love to use personal experiences from other people so this is completely relevant to my topic. I didn't see a link to another blog from her page...I may just be computer inept.

1 comment:

  1. You know I love Dooce, so this is a good choice in a blog to emulate. But you point out interesting things I've never noticed: closed comments? No links to other blogs in the community? Now I see where your blog can really join the genre and offer more. It's interesting to see the beginnings of a great blog emerge!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm 19 and deciding what I want to do with my life. I'm open to suggestions.